Monday 27 June 2011

Creative Writing -- For My Two Friends (Senior Year Architecture Partners)

This piece is dedicated to my two friends. We worked together senior year of high school to complete a group project of building a model. It seems like we have chose different paths and moved onto different opportunites and careers, but I truthfully hope we will remain in contact and remember everything we shared. The first two stanzas are for one friend and Stanza 4 and 5 are for the other friend. To you, my friends!

It seems just like yesterday,
When you came to the US,
And we became friends immediately,
We talked and laughed
At our secret jokes.

You didn't know much English,
But you were hardworking and willing to learn,
You studied hard and got
All the grades you deserved,
Then, we moved on for a few years.

We met back in high school,
It seems like middle school,
Never came between us.
Senior year, we worked on a project.
Winter break at my house...

It seems just like yesterday,
When you sat next to me,
In math class,
And we were
Laughing at the teacher behind his back.

You didn't know
How to solve the problems
I laughed at you
So you threw paper balls at me,
And I glared at you.

Architecture classes
Came at the end of our schedules
We laughed and talked like
There was no tomorrow
Everyday.

Friends, my dear friends,
I will always remember
The winter break we spent
Working on a project,
Building a model,
Which we could not have done without each other.

Now, just promise me
That we will
Remember the memories,
The laughter we shared, the jokes we told, and
The friendship between the three of us.
Dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment